An update.
Seems the couple are deeper in the shit than a Werribee duck.
Couple who left Melbourne lockdown to travel to Queensland through NSW fined again
The
Melbourne duo who sparked a Covid-19 scare after travelling to the
Sunshine State have copped another fine for a stop they made along the
way.
James HallNCA NewsWireJune 25, 20213:47pm
Video
Current Time 0:21/Duration 0:41
NOW PLAYING
ResumeCouple who brought COVID-19 to Queensland could face jail0:41UP NEXT
The
Melbourne couple who brought COVID-19 to Queensland after escaping
Melbourne’s lockdown could face prosecution in three states. Police are…
The
couple who left Melbourne during the city’s lockdown and drove into
Queensland before testing positive to Covid-19 have been slapped with
another fine.
The duo travelled through
NSW and on to the Sunshine Coast earlier this month without a travel
exemption, putting the state on high alert of a potentially deadly
outbreak.
Last Friday, Queensland authorities issued the pair with a $4000 fine
each and the NSW counterparts have now compounded the punishment,
slapping the pair with a fine for breaching a state public health order.
NSW
Police confirmed on Friday the couple had each been issued a fine of
$1000 for visiting a cinema on their journey through the state, which is
deemed as non-essential.
Other stops the couple made as they
travelled on the Newell Highway were deemed essential, including visits
to retail stores, food outlets and service stations.
“The pair
also attended a cinema on Macquarie Street, Dubbo, on Wednesday 2 June
2021, which is deemed non-essential activity under the Public Health
Act,” NSW Police said.

The pair were first fined in Queensland and now again in NSW. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Simon DallingerSource:News Corp Australia
The
pair were reported to have spent several days in regional NSW before
reaching Queensland, where they were moving interstate, on June 5.
The
44-year-old woman tested positive in Caloundra on June 8, almost a week
after she first developed symptoms, while her partner was confirmed as a
new case soon after.
The woman and her husband left Victoria on
June 1 after a hard lockdown was announced and travelled through
regional Queensland centres Goondiwindi and Toowoomba.

Dr Young revealed earlier this month the two were not given a travel exemption. Picture: NCA NewsWire / Dan PeledSource:News Corp Australia
Initially,
authorities reserved judgment on the pair but Queensland chief health
officer Dr Jeannette Young revealed soon after the infections were
reported that her department had not given the couple permission to
forego strict directives.
“No, they didn’t come through the
exemption process, so it’s now up to police to investigate whether they
came through any other process,” she said.
The Party Games newsletter Get your political briefing from news.com.au's political editor Samantha Maiden.
The
couple were both transported to Sunshine Coast University Hospital to
be quarantined, while 17 close contacts of the pair were identified,
including the family members they were staying with in Caloundra.
The other 15 were at venues at the same time as the couple as they travelled into the state.
End of Article.
And yes, It's confirmed among elders in Victoria and Queensland. They are jws although not as regular attendees as most. One elder stated "They've given us a headache".
jtg